There are several good reasons why you need a robust cannabis grow software to run your marijuana business. For starters, each state with legalized cannabis has put some requirements in place, requirements that are meant to manage and regulate the industry. In many states, one of those requirements involves buying and installing cannabis seed-to-sale software of some kind.
Now, the software you choose depends on any number of things but, in many cases, the state has a recommended provider and software. This marijuana grow software is meant to collect the necessary data into a central location that both you and the state’s regulating bodies can access to ensure that you comply with state regulations.
Immediately, you can see how having this software can be beneficial to your business. It helps you stay on the right side of the law by ensuring regulatory compliance and helps you keep track of your product from seed to point of sale.
The best part is that grow software often provides multiple features that go into helping you with other business necessities, such as employee management, payroll, and so forth. So, here are several different ways that the right cannabis grow software can help grow your marijuana business, no pun intended.
The Benefits of a Cannabis Grow Software to Your Business
Depending on the kind of software you choose, there are a few inherent benefits that come with installing one. For the most part, much of this software has similar features that tend to perform the same applications, albeit from different angles. Here are some of the key benefits that come with choosing the best cannabis grow software for your business:
1.Streamlines Your Cultivation Operations
You need a way to keep track of crops from seed to point of sale. Crops are most sensitive during the cultivation, maturing, and harvesting phases. With the right kind of software, you will not only be able to keep track of this entire process by having sensitive data such as soil pH and crop needs uploaded to the platform, but you will also be able to document the entire process using images. This can be an important tool when it comes to both regulatory compliance and marketing.
Additionally, the right kind of software will give you invaluable insight into your current yields, advise on how to improve that yield, as well as highlight the most productive period of the growing circle for you to maximize. Here are some other wonderful ways that the right grow software can create insights into the cultivation process and help you improve your business:
- Genealogy tracking: This helps you track any cross-breeds and shows you the different types of plant genetics in your grow house. This information can help pinpoint which cross-breeds or clones are most potent as well as most economically sound within your niche.
- Yield forecasting: You can monetize and analyze your usual harvest data as well as cross-breed tendencies to forecast the kind of yields you might get.
- Monitor and analyze your results: You’re running a business so there’s a good are going to be doing a lot of other stuff while your crops grow. To stay on top of it, you need an efficient way to monitor things like the pesticides used, nutrients applied, watering cycles, lighting, and so on. The data collected sheds light on the practices that are either helping or hurting your yield so you can adjust accordingly.
2. It Streamlines the Processing and Manufacturing End of Things
Today, you can process your crops into many different end products for the market. Whether you want to turn your harvest into edibles, oil, or any other form of in-demand inventory, you can do so but you need to keep track of all this to remain both transparent to your customers and compliant with legal regulations. The right kind of cannabis grow software can do that for you and so much more:
- Highlight product details: Whenever you send any product into the market, you need to provide your customers with details. With the right software, you can easily input these details during the processing period and include key details such as potency results, ingredients, expiration date, and so on.
- Keep track of your conversions: Which crops have been converted into oil, edibles, or any other form for the market? You can easily convert your products into multiple by-products and still maintain a well-documented chain of custody.
- Generate transactional reports: Invoices, purchase orders, and other details are necessary for regulatory compliance as well as your own internal auditing.
3. Acts as Your All-inclusive Point-of-Sale
There is no doubt that marijuana is big business now. This year alone, the legal marijuana industry grew into a more than $10 billion a year market and it doesn’t show any signs of stopping. Yes, there is a lot of money to be made here but you have to be smart about it. With grow software that can double as your point-of-sale, you can keep track of your sales and inventory and determine which of your products are bringing in the most so you can either focus on them or manage your marketing of the other options.
With the right point-of-sale system, there is a lot more marketing that can be done. You can automate your discounts and create a Loyalty Program. Giving discounts on new strains or products is one of the best ways to get it out into the market. To ensure that your customers keep coming back, you can create a Loyalty Program to reward them. You can also effectively keep track of purchase limits. Some states have imposed a purchase limit on certain strains of marijuana and compliance with these limits is paramount to maintaining your license. The right point-of-sale software can help you do that and track limits based on the parameters you input.
There is so much more that the right cannabis grow software can help you do to improve and streamline your business. You just need to find one that works for you.